I Come to the Garden Alone

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

James A. Duke (4 April 1929 ~ 10 December 2017)

With sadness, we wish to inform readers of this Green Farmacy Garden blog site that Jim Duke peacefully passed in his home on December 10, 2017. He lived an amazing life filled with adventure, plants, people and music until his senectitude at age 88. Jim’s desire was for his medicinal plant sanctuary to continue for as long as possible to educate and inspire students. We, at the Green Farmacy Garden, are committed to Jim’s vision and will maintain the garden for tours and workshops. Look for a list our tours and workshops in the spring.

to read tributes of Jim, click on the following links:

fullsizeoutput_4e48

Remembering Jim.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to I Come to the Garden Alone

1. Michael Kaiser says:

So sorry to hear this! I had intended on meeting Jim in person this summer to let him know what an inspiration he was in my life and health. God bless him and may he rest in peace.

2. Don Dwyer says:

I met Jim at a New Crops conference and he helped connect me with suppliers of Taxis plant material for the Nepal Medicinal Plant Project. To me Jim was a giant of a man in the field of medicinal plants. His work with Norman Farnsworth in the development of the Napralert Database is epic to say the least. He truly lived an amazing life and will be missed.

3. sageywoman says:

I met Jim a couple of times at a biodynamic conference during a weed walk and listening to him play music . He was an inspirational man .I have always wanted to visit his gardens- perhaps I will get a chance too one day .

4. sageywoman says:

Reblogged this on Sharon's Natural Gardens.

5. charles bergius says:

thank you jim,rest in peace.
    your wonderful inspiration and garden encouraged me to look beyond the pharmacy for much older solutions to life’s ills with great success,and as you often said–they taste good too.you wont be forgotten-even in the scottish glens.

6. C.G. says:

I learned much from this wonderful man through his books and a few videos I saw on YouTube. Blessings for him and his family and friends. It is sad for the loss, yet he left a great legacy with his work to be celebrated.

7. Rande Nezezon ND says:

RIP Dr. Duke! Thank you for all you have contributed to bring knowledge and clarity to Natural Health options. You have made a difference for so many and will continue to do so through your publications and Garden. Thank you!

8. Jack A. Klee says:

As I am listening to the “Herbalbum”, Cindy & I are remembering Jim in our prayers and the many things we have learned.
    We have been on many trips with him that Chuck had arranged as follows.
    1. Two trips to the Amazon. 1995 and 2005.
    2. Cost Rica.
    3, The rhine river, Peggy was there. Tip died the day before we left home.
    4. Kenya & Tanzania where Jim wore some of my clothes until his luggage arrived.
    5. Cuba. Missed a departure flight, Jim & I shared a room. Cindy, Helen & Gail shared another.
    What memories we have!!!!
    Cynthia & Jack Klee, Crown Point IN