Thunderstorms tend to drop considerable debris from trees in the garden and woods. In the interest of safety and enjoyment, we’ve pushed back the Community Day planned for tomorrow to the Rain Date of October 30, due to expected afternoon thunderstorms on the 16th. We hope you’ll join us!
And of course, if you’re eager to visit even sooner, we’ve got Maryland State Mead-Making Champion Julie Biedrzycki offering back-to-back workshops next Saturday 10/23: Infuse-Your-Booze and Magical Mead-Making; and our first Volunteer Day since June on Sunday 10/24!
Saturday, October 30, 2021, 1-8pm
Ticketed tour & workshop segment in the afternoon will be followed by community connection in the evening. Join us for both!
The ticketed instructional portion of the day, from 1-5pm, will comprise our annual Turmeric Harvest workshop, tours of the garden and grounds, and a fruit-leather demonstration using invasive autumn berries (aka autumn olives). Ticket-holders and members of the public are welcome to connect and commune in the evening around the fire with a potluck meal.
Ticketed Instructional Afternoon:
- 12:30 Grounds Open to ticket-holders
- 1:00 Tour of The Green Farmacy Garden
- 2:00 Turmeric Harvest & Repot
- 3:30 Edible Plant Walk incl. Autumn Berry Harvest & Fruit Leather
Communal Evening (Tickets not required):
- 5:00 Potluck Meal (bring your own vessels & utensils, and a dish to share labelled with ingredients)
- 6:00 Communal Fire, Music, & Story-Share
- 8:00 Grounds Close
Click here for more information and registration!