September Community Day
Saturday, September 18, 2021, 3-8pm
Need community? Miss the garden? Wanna connect? Join us for a day of nature and fellowship.
Community members are welcomed to come bask in the glory of Dr. and Mrs. Duke’s lovingly curated global plant collection and lush grounds. Learn about the garden, its founders, and its treasures; join our communal harvest and learn a medicinal or practical preparation for it; share your gifts with other participants; explore the woods; or just bring a picnic and enjoy the setting! The day is yours.
- Drinking water and Herbal infusions
- Sharing Tables: 1 for food and 1 for household items
- Art & Craft supplies
- “Open Space Technology” for skill-sharing and other communal contributions
- Restroom and Handwashing facilities
- Designated smoking area
- diverse Environs to create your own experience, including hill, meadow, pond-side, gazebo/ stage, stream, and woods
- a sampling of our Herbal Education Programming: a garden tour, herb-harvesting collaboration, and medicine-making demonstration
- guided Tour of the grounds, identifying native and non-native plants, including wild edible and medicinal species, in the woods and other ecological niches of the property
Click here for more information and registration!